Mission & Guiding Principles
Our Mission: For all young people, including those with ID/DD, to have an equal opportunity to live meaningful and productive lives as citizens of Mississippi.
The guiding principles for the transition of youth and young people with ID/DD to adulthood include:
- Having competencies, capabilities and personal goals that are recognized, supported and encouraged
- Improving secondary and post-secondary supports and outcomes that provide productive transitions
- Having access to barrier-free, integrated community-based opportunities
- Providing opportunities to achieve independence, productivity, integration and inclusion into their community
- Promoting a discrimination-free environment